Northern Focus is funded by the Government of Canada and helps employers and eligible participants use wage subsidy as a training and development resource to provide graduates with relevant work related experience.
The program is designed to:
- Facilitate transition of highly skills young people to a rapidly changing job market
- Promote benefits of advanced studies; and invest in the skills required to meet the needs of the knowledge economy
- Priority is given in high demand fields such as science, technology, engineering, mathematics, tourism, social services, or skilled trades
Employer related wage subsidy details:
- Candidates must have full-time career related experience
- Wage subsidy can be offered for up to 25 weeks and not exceed 50% of gross participant wages
- Participant remuneration is based upon local labour market wage rates for positions
- Work experience agreement durations and subsidies will be negotiated based upon skills development required for participant to succeed
- Employers contribute 100 percent vacation and mandatory related employment related costs and provide job coaching and mentoring
Who is eligible to participate?
- Youth between 15 and 30 inclusive at time of selection
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons that have filed for refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance
- Recent post-secondary graduate or entering the final year of a career related program in areas of science, math, engineering, technology, trades, social services or tourism.
Kopar Administration is pleased to offer this program through our Prince George office, however people from 100 Mile House to the BC/Yukon border and from Haida Gwaii to the Alberta border are welcome to participate. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach Northern Focus at 877-564-3545
The Employment Program of British Columbia is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia